Welcome to Your Week Ahead – a new feature we’ll be running every Sunday. Find out upcoming registration and deadline info for local programs and classes, discover the perfect volunteer opportunity, and hear about road closures and construction projects planned for the week.
- If you’re interested in vegetable gardening, but need some help getting started, Transition Longfellow has a new project called Chard Your Yard. Participants receive a raised garden bed, a garden mentor, seeds and plants through plant exchanges, and classes. Program cost is $65, sign up deadline is this Tuesday.
- Artist and site call: The deadline for artists and sites who wish to participate in LoLa, the community art crawl for the greater Longfellow Community, is this Wednesday.
- Artist call: The Greenway Glow, a bike ride and illuminated art festival on the Midtown Greenway is looking for artists (musicians, performers, and artists of all kinds) interested in sharing their work during the festival.
- The new Longfellow Honey House needs help cleaning up the grounds at it’s new residence to make way for all of the projects the Beez Kneez have cooked up. Meet community members, find out more about the Honey House, and learn how to prep a site for urban farming. Clean up is on Saturday.
- Are you a Seward chicken farmer? Would your ladies like to participate in the Seward Garden Tour and Tea party on June 15th? Details on how you can be in the tour.
- Help Spokes, the community bike shop, with painting, bike repairs, or other jobs on Thursday night.
- Transition Longfellow is looking for volunteers to help install raised beds, be a garden mentor, play as a garden musician, prepare dinner after a day of gardening, and help with carpentry in May.
There aren’t any road closures happening this week that we know about. If you see road construction in the neighborhood, let us know and we’ll share the information.
If you have a volunteer opportunity or program that should be on this calendar, be sure to send us an email at email@example.com.