All events are subject to approval by the editorial team. Please see the guidelines and submission form below.
Due to the number of events received, there will be no notification made if your event is not approved.
General guidelines for our events calendar:
- The Daily Planet only accepts events that align with our mission: to connect and amplify marginalized and underrepresented voices.
- Approved events will appear within 5-7 days.
- No spam, please!
- Keep it clean. No solicitations of any kind.
- All events must take place in the Twin Cities.
Types of events we generally will accept:
- Arts and cultural events. This includes performances, dance, theater, literary events, events taking place in museums.
- Events for children and families.
- Educational opportunities (e.g. classes, workshops, forums, conferences).
- Community organizing events (e.g. listening or planning sessions, marches and protests, roundtable discussions)
- Music. This includes festivals, concerts.
- Outdoor events (e.g. open street events, parks, or other recreational areas).