Seriously, I think I may have fallen in love.
One early morning, I woke up to check dealradar.com and found a dealstork.com deal for Ivy Fitness Club. First off, I didn’t even know that you could get memberships to gyms at hotels. The deal was for a 3 month trial period and I thought…why not? I needed to find a workout facility that was close to work in case I could sneak in a work out over the lunch period. This seemed like a perfect opportunity for a “test drive.”
Because of the gloomy weather this week, I decided it was time to cash in on my dealstork.com offer. Have something to smile about. I’ve been there twice this week and I’m hooked already. Here’s why:
1) The staff is ultra friendly – They smile at me almost as soon as the glass doors part once you enter into the hotel.
2) There are complimentary lockers – Yep…the kind that you DON’T have to bring a padlock for. It’s automated and you punch in a 4 digit code. You just need to remember it when you’re done working out!
3) Complimentary slippers – That came in handy when I took the yoga class because you don’t need your tennis shoes for yoga.
4) Bath products – I am notorious for running out the door in the morning. Being health conscious means you have to be prepared – which I am NOT! The Ivy has all of this in mind…you can find shampoo, conditioner, nail files, mouthwash etc. etc….they seem to have thought about things that I would just pretend not to need.
5) Water, water, everywhere – Seriously. Everywhere. Water with lemon in the women’s lounge. Water by the workout room.
6) Serene Environment – It’s located at the Ivy Fitness and SPA…so on days that I don’t want to work out I could go to the spa…relax in the relaxation area…which seems to me more like a resort in Bali than somewhere in the middle of DT Minneapolis. It’s beautiful
7) Shopping – and there’s a small boutique with beauty products. You can browse all of the goodies during your lunch hour!
8) Small workout classes – this is the BEST. I am so used to yoga rooms where other people’s mats are one inch away from mine. There seems to be less than ten people here every time…which makes it less stuffy…and a more intimate environment for your “OM” needs.
Things I am looking forward to:
1) Complimentary fitness assessment
2) Their 3 for $99 personal training deal. It’s their fall sale!
3) INTENSATI – I’ve taken these classes at Corepower Yoga Bootcamp and at the Lululemon Showroom in Minneapolis. At first I thought they were cheesy, but really…it’s not that bad and it motivates you to work out.
4) Little Black Dress workout – don’t we all need this every day? Especially if you have a day job where you are sitting all day?
Like all things in life…not everything is what they seem. My first impression: I love it. However, I will reserve total judgment till I am done with my three month trial period. Will report back on my findings.