I just compiled a list of writers who contributed to the TC Daily Planet during the first part of 2010. From January 1 to March 22, some 27 writers contributed work that was published as TC Daily Planet original writing. Here are some facts about those writers:
- Eight are new to the Daily Planet this year;
- Nine are or have been professional journalists;
- Fourteen are male and 13 are female;
- Six are people of color – Asian, African, African American, Latin American.
If you’d like to meet some of them, join them, or get more information about writing for the TC Daily Planet, you’re invited to our weekly writers’ groups. Attendance varies greatly, so I can’t tell you who or how many people to expect. Just show up – at the very least, it’s a chance to talk to associate editor Jay Gabler or to me about writing for the TC Daily Planet.
Writers’ groups meet weekly:
- Monday at 4 p.m. in St. Paul at the Rondo Community Outreach Library (corner of Dale and University) (except when the library is closed for a holiday)
- Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. in Minneapolis at our office (2600 E. Franklin – enter through the ATM lobby of the Wells Fargo bank)