by Erica Mauter • From U of M Law Library to Summit Brewery, with a few additional stops.
• The University of Minnesota Press is on Twitter: @UMinnPress.
• Minneapolis CouncilMember Cam Gordon is all het up about campaign finance reporting. One proposed change is reducing the contribution size that must be reported from $100 to $25. Transparency, whatnot. I have no sense of whether this is a) a good idea or b) worth the effort.
• Doesn’t The Minnesota Etsy Street Team sound cool and vaguely intimidating? Your place for all things Minnesotan and Etsy. Where by “all” I might mean “most” or possibly “many” but you get the picture. Also, on Twitter: @TeamMN.
• Continuing on the crafty tip, Crafters Local 612 has tips on maximizing your craft sale ROI.
• Reasons to avoid the University of Minnesota Law Library. In email from the head librarian: “One year we received a complaint about a student who was wearing flip-flops and walking to and from his carrel a bit too frequently for his neighbors. While this example may seem extreme, it highlights the general tension level that finals inspire.” To which Dennis says: “To designate a ‘quiet area’ of the library is ridiculous, especially since our library has the acoustics of an opera house – you can hear a roach’s thoughts from the other side of the library…well, maybe that’s the caffeine speaking…” He goes on to describe the four categories of over-stressers.
• Nick at saintpaulitan takes the Summit Brewery Tour. He’s got a slideshow and everything. Emily, where’s your report?