Jen Bennington from PEN (Public Education Northeast) gave her list of 5 reasons why parents should consider attending the NE Showcase on November 13th at Edison HIgh School:
Reasons to participate in the NE School Showcase:
1. It’s an event with great local energy
2. It’s a chance to connect on a personal level with families from our area – unlike the downtown fair, almost everyone walking in lives in your school attendance zone
3. It has a fantastic record of attracting families to our schools
4. For our schools to continue their success, we must retain our families in our schools. This fair directly combats the perception that families must move or open-enroll in other districts to receive a good education for their children.
5. You will make a difference for the NE community and our Minneapolis Public Schools.
|Neighborhood Notes are updates about what’s happening in Twin Cities neighborhoods, submitted by our volunteer neighborhood correspondents (and neighborhood residents), and not edited by the TC Daily Planet. Click to learn more about our neighborhood correspondents, or about becoming a neighborhood correspondent.|