Be part of a mural at courageous heARTS on Friday, Aug. 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the corner of Cedar and 42nd Ave.
As part of its official launch celebration, courageous heARTS will be hosting a painting workshop. San Diego artist, Inocente Izucar (www.inocentedoc.com), will be there until 1 p.m. before she leaves on her jet plane.
Leave their mark on courageous heARTS while creating a spontaneous mural. “Please stop by for a visit!” urges courageous heARTS founder Lindsay Walz. “We’ll have information about our fall classes and volunteer positions that are available.” Learn more at the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/490269631051596/
See “Mr. Popper’s Penguins” starring Jim Carrey at Sibley Park on Saturday, Aug. 10 at dusk.
The outdoor movie will be shown on a huge 20ft x 20ft blow-up screen.
Popcorn and other goodies will be sold with proceeds going to fund park programs. Bring bug spray/ blanket /chairs and friends and family.
Learn more about Minneapolis Park concerts and movies at http://www.mplsmusicandmovies.com/.
SUMMER PICNIC AND CONCERT
Enjoy free food and free music on Sunday, Aug. 11 at Bethel Lutheran Church at 4120 17th Ave. S.
• 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. the David Martin Trio (Latin music)
• 5:45 to 6:45 p.m. Sister Swing (swing jazz)
• 7 to 8 p.m. Sister Swing (swing jazz)
IN OTHER NEIGHBORHOOD NEWS:
• Buster’s on 28 is expected to be closed through the end of this summer. A fire during the big neighborhood storm in June closed the restaurant. A sign on the door advises patrons to check Facebook and Twitter for updates.
• Dokken’s Superette is under new management.
• 28th Ave. is still closed both north and south of 42nd Ave.