Our neighborhood has a lot of great people putting together really great events for us to kick back, relax, and just enjoy. Check out the awesome happenings this weekend in our hood.
- Minneapolis Parks knows how to throw a good kid party. This one shouldn’t be any different. Meet Peter Rabbit, hunt for eggs, visit a petting zoo – all at the Minne-Hop-Hop Family Egg Hunt at Minnehaha Falls Park.
- Also for kids, Boneshaker Books has its weekly Saturday storytime. Sometimes crafts and songs are thrown in for good measure.
- Work on your bike at Spokes during its open bike shop session. Bring your bike, they provide the tools.
- Author Barbara Jensen talks about her book Reading Classes, a study of class-bias in the U.S.
- Full night of music at Harriet Brewing. Check out String Theory, Bitteroot Band, Farmhouse Band, and Gabe Barnett & the Big House Rounders.
- Gravel on Mud brings “three parts punk, two parts irony, one part punk” to the Riverview Cafe.
- Cap off your weekend with a glass of wine and jazz with the Zacc Harris Trio at the Riverview Wine Bar.
Coming Up This Week – Highlights
- Fashion design for seventh through twelfth graders. Learn how to deconstruct, up-cycle, and modify clothing.
- A reading of The Dowager, a play following the “fractured journey through the mind and memory of a woman stung by betrayal.”
- Learn how you can protect your property and reduce the chance you’ll be a victim of crime with Shun Tillman, our neighborhood’s crime prevention specialist.
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? We want to know about it! Send an email to email@example.com, and we will post your event details.