This weekend’s events calendar was packed, and we couldn’t fit it all here. Check out our complete calendar for more events and listings.
- If you’re looking for a last minute date idea, you have to check out Peter Ostroushko at the Riverview Cafe. If we listed all of the people he’s played with we’d be here all day. Just know – amazing violinist and mandolinist who plays in the classical and country world. $15 for tickets.
- It’s supposed to snow, but that doesn’t mean that spring isn’t coming. Get your bike ready for warmer weather at the Spokes open bike shop. Use their tools and get help from mechanics to get your bike ready to ride.
- Stop by Boneshaker Books for family storytime. The format changes every week, so you might also get to sing or do an activity.
- It’s the third Sunday of the month, which means it’s time to warm up your vocal chords and head over to Merlins Rest for a themed sing-along. Kids are welcome, too.
- Cap off the weekend with classic jazz at the Riverview Cafe.
Coming Up This Week – Highlights
- Friday (3/22) is the last day you can order your plants through Seward Montessori’s plant sale. Pick out your annuals, perennials, vegetables, and herbs.
- If you’re interested in getting to know your neighbors, and learning how you can organize events for your block, sign up for the Block Leader Training at the Third Precinct.
- Mother Earth Garden’s debuts new plants from Rush Creek.
- Wear your favorite sweater and be sure to do something neighborly for Won’t You Be My Neighbor Day in celebration of Mr. Rogers’ birthday. Bring clothing donations to Peace Coffee for a free cup of coffee. There will also be treats for kids and a toy trolley give-away.
- Freewheel Bike is holding a bike maintenance workshop at the East Lake Library. Learn how to change a flat and fix a squeaky chain.
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? We want to know about it! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will post your event details.