This is the short list of weekend events. For a full list, be sure to head over to our complete events calendar.
- It’s a big night at Northern Clay Center. The Center will be hosting an opening reception for three ceramic artists – Marion Angelica, Nathan Bray, and Dustin Yager – all recipients of the Jerome Ceramic Artists Project Grants. It will also be exhibiting the works of its newest artists in residence and the winner of the Red Wing Collectors Society Foundation.
- Just before the big freeze hits on Saturday night, Hiawatha School Park will be celebrating the dog days of winter. Roast marshmallows over a roaring campfire next to the ice rink.
- If you’d rather stay in, it’s movie night with Transition Longfellow. Bring a dish to share for a potluck and then watch two TED talks about climate change and green technology. A lively discussion is sure to follow.
- Visit our newest park, Coldwater Spring. Tour the area with a National Park Service Ranger, and learn about the Spring’s storied past.
- Tonight’s hot ticket item is Harriet Brewing’s two year anniversary celebration at El Nuevo Rodeo. New brews to try, live music, photo booth, live art, and a full tapas bar are all in the mix. Be sure to get your ticket early, last year they sold out.
- Join the Irish music revival, head over to Riverview Wine Bar to hear Dáithí Sproule and Laura MacKenzie perform traditional songs. Contact the Wine Bar to purchase tickets in advance.
- Self-described “geeky music-store talent” Story of the Sea will do an in-store performance at Hymie’s.
- The Minnesota Blues Society is holding a fundraiser at Whiskey Junction to send two acts to the International Blues Challenge in Memphis. Listen to some blues and donate to the cause.
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? Send an email to email@example.com, and we will post your event details.