Considering the unreasonably cold weather we’ve already experienced this winter season, we’d be remiss if we didn’t list some indoor activities to consider. Below is a sampling of indoor happenings:
- Mill City Famers’ Market, January 11: Jump start your healthy eating resolution at Mill City’s first farmers’ market of the New Year!
- Winter Flower Show at Como Park Conservatory, January 11 – March 16: The vibrant colors of purple, red, pink, and yellow flowers are sure to help fight those winter doldrums. This video provides a preview.
- The Twin Cities Model Railroad Museum, November 30 – February 22: All aboard Night Trains! Enjoy the warm glow of model trains that chug along the make-believe city of Matlin at night.
- Annual U.S. Bank Skyway Open Golf Tournament, February 21 – February 23: 19 one-of-a-kind miniature golf holes in Downtown Minneapolis skyways for a worthy cause — the tournament benefits the Boys and Girls Club of the Twin Cities.
- St Anthony Main: On Tuesdays most movies at the St Anthony Main Theater are $5; the location near the river is quaint and charming and so are the area eateries.
And for outdoor fun, on those days when the thermometer creeps up above miserable — Winter in the Twin Cities: Outdoor fun.
Coverage of issues and events that affect Central Corridor neighborhoods and communities is funded in part by a grant from Central Corridor Funders Collaborative.