A few months ago, a friend of mine asked me to go do the month long boot camp with her at the Shed. While I couldn’t commit myself to the month long program, I did decide to check out some of their classes since they offer new students a one week free access pass. New students can then attend all the classes they want for one week. Classes range from yoga to kettlebells.
Here are some highlights:
1) Small classes – class size is about 3-6 people each time I went. I thought this was good as when I was a member of a more main stream gym…classes were always packed and I had to be mindful that I was not standing next to a careless person or else they were going to drop a free weight on me or slug me if I wasn’t paying attention.
2) Variety of classes – I was able to check out the following classes: Hip Hop Hustle, Cardio Kickbox, Pilates and Kettlebells. I enjoyed all of them.
3) Awesome instructors – These fitness professionals were always friendly and tried to get to know you and learn your name. Did I mention the owner of the studio has 3 kids and is so incredibly fit that you would never guess it? That’s motiviation!
4) Good parking – each time I went…I always found good street parking that was not over a block away
5) Spin Classes – they are known for their spin classes, but I have never cared for Spin so I haven’t tried. However, I notice they always have good music!
When I’m done checking out other gyms through all my online social buying sites…I will definitely revert to this one.
|Neighborhood Notes are updates about what’s happening in Twin Cities neighborhoods, submitted by our volunteer neighborhood correspondents (and neighborhood residents), and not edited by the TC Daily Planet. Click to learn more about our neighborhood correspondents, or about becoming a neighborhood correspondent.|