Getting your taxes on — where to find free tax help


Do you know anybody who likes filing tax returns? Okay, maybe the EZ form is fine if you have just employer and no fancy stuff. But what if might be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, or even the Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled?

If your household income is less than $50,000 ($30,000 for individuals), you’re in luck.

Well — maybe you’re not exactly lucky, but at least you might be able to get free help in filing your tax return.

The IRS has an easy tool to find volunteer tax preparers, just a click away.

  1. Click here to see a description of VITA (the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program on the IRS website. <>
  2. Click here and fill in your zip code to find the nearest volunteer site. <>

If you want help, call now — appointment times fill up and the April 15 filing deadline is coming fast.