- Prolific composer Gary Rue will put down his pen and paper, and will step out on the stage at Riverview Wine Bar.
- Charity Huot & The Summit Hill Band bring a “lyrical landscape [that] memorizes” straight from Duluth to the mic at Harriet Brewing. The night is capped off with some country and folk music by Minneapolis group Fletcher Magellan & The Great Lakes. Is it just me, or do these bands need to switch locations?
- A musical choral review by students at Minnehaha Academy. The Madrigal Singers, Women’s Chorale, and Men’s Choir will be performing.
- Need to rock? Head over to Whiskey Junction to catch Alex Steele and Michael Daum of Roster McCabe.
With so many awesome things happening today, we couldn’t list them all here. Check our events calendar for the full schedule.
- Celebrity appearance by the pit bull Wallace at Boneshaker Books along with the author of New York Times bestselling book The Lost Dogs. Hear the amazing tale of Wallace and the 50 other dogs found in Michael Vick’s dog-fighting operation.
- There are so many great things about the Sweethearts and Spirits event at the Eagles Club. First, it’s a benefit for our local Restorative Justice program. Second, you’ll get the chance to sample different beers, wine, and liquor (maybe pick out something new for Valentines Day?). Third, a silent auction and after-party with a keg of Third Street Brewhouse beer. What’s not to love?
- Snowshoe at our local National Park – Coldwater Spring. Bring your own, or use snowshoes provided by the park.
- Get your gardening fix at a Transition Longfellow winter seed saving demo. Get some green in your life and start your early veg crops now!
- Dive in to the unique history of Minnehaha Falls with a presentation by historian Karen Cooper. She’ll also have historical photos from her own collection.
- The Ericksons – described by the City Pages as “delicately hypnotic folk” perform an in-store at Hymie’s.
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? Don’t be shy, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will post your event details.