Rep. Michele Bachmann announced her campaign for president during a presidential debate in New Hampshire Monday night. Bachmann, who has been saying for months that she’s “all in” for 2012, also released a video announcing her campaign as well as an email to supporters. She filed paperwork with the Federal Elections Commission earlier in the day on Monday, and she’s suspended her campaign for the 6th Congressional District.
“I filed today my paperwork to seek the office of the presidency of the United States, and I’ll very soon be making my formal announcement. So I wanted you to be the first to know,” Bachmann told CNN’s John King and the debate audience.
Shortly after, Bachmann’s campaign released a campaign video announcing her run for president. She said that it was “a historic day for our nation. This is the first day of taking our country back.”
And Bachmann sent an email to supporters asking for donations.
“Our country is in desperate need of a leader who will restore constitutional conservative values to our federal government,” Bachmann said. “President Obama must be held accountable for the far-left agenda he has implemented while in office. I intend to hold him accountable, and if elected I pledge to dismantle Obamacare, reduce our growing debt, provide the private sector with the resources needed to create jobs, and strengthen our national defense.”