Reporter’s Notebook: Ancient Traders Gallery, located on Franklin Avenue, is closing, according to Gallery Manager Heid Erdrich. The Gallery was established in 1999 and has been housed since its inception in the Ancient Traders Market building run by Great Neighborhoods Development Corporation. For more on the story, and to follow it as it develops, see Sheila Regan’s Reporter’s Notebook. If you have information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We want YOU to write for the Daily Planet! Is there a story you’d like to write? Or a story you think we should be covering? Email email@example.com
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
• St. Paul’s Winter Carnival – from the medal hunt to the skating rink to the Vulcans – send stories and photos
• Skating through winter Where to go in the Twin Cities – what hockey rinks are open or closed? What’s your favorite indoor or outdoor rink? The best place to get skates?
• Chinese New Year – it falls on Valentine’s Day this year. Any special plans?
• Martin Luther King Day observances in the Twin Cities – GREAT responses! See all of your contributions collected here.
if you have information or suggestions on these stories, email firstname.lastname@example.org• Health care forum Health care as a human right, 12/10/09 forum
• Alley snow plowing in St. Paul (email Sheila Regan)
• Kwanzaa at Midtown Global Market and beyond
• White elephant gift exchanges for Christmas (email Leona Carlson)
• Buying local, giving twice Lydia Howell covers the local, progressive gift-giving scene – if you have a shop or suggestion to add, enter a comment on the article, write your own article, or email email@example.com
• Emerald ash borer Ramsey and Hennepin Counties are under quarantine for Emerald Ash Borer. Have you been affected? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thanksgiving recipes No – not the turkey and the pumpkin pie. We’re looking for your favorite non-traditional recipe, like Aunt Harriet’s vegetarian non-meat loaf. Send them to email@example.com
• Trader Joe What’s with the new kid on the Twin Cities grocery scene? Tell firstname.lastname@example.org what you think / like / dislike / wonder about Trader Joe.
• St. Paul school superintendent The semi-finalists will be named this week, and the finalists by next week – any questions for them? Tell editor@tcdailyplanet.
• Freak Dancing Some high schools have been cracking down on “freak dancing”, where dancers grind against each other on the dance floor. As we work on this story, we welcome your stories and opinions: Where’s the line between freedom of expression and inappropriate behavior? Is this an issue at your local high school? Does your school have a policy, and how is it working? E-mail email@example.com, or click here and leave a comment.
• Church suppers – Jeremy Iggers has posted a blog entry about upcoming church suppers, but he needs your suggestions of upcoming suppers to expand the story. Please post your recommendations as comments on the story or send him an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hmong Farmers’ Market – The farmers’ market on University Avenue is bursting with fresh produce every weekend. Are you a customer or fan or farmer? Email email@example.com
• Youthrive/PeaceJam will be back in the Twin Cities this month, with Nobel Laureate Rigoberta Menchú. Have you participated in the past? Are you a participant this year? Send your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Immigration detention policies Major changes are coming — do you have a story about the current system or an opinion about the changes? Contact email@example.com
• THE WEATHER – Everybody talks about it – tell us what you think and send us your weather photos, today, tomorrow, whenever there’s weather news. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org