St. Paul Public Schools are hosting community enrollment events for new and returning students during July and August for “assigning and updating student numbers, language assessment for students who have a home language other than English, determining enrollment options and a review of each student’s health history.”
Since St. Paul’s student mobility rate is high, many students will be looking at new schools, and in-person events are one way to get registered. The mobility rate was 28 percent in 2005 (compared to a statewide 15 percent), and has now gotten down to 23 percent — but that’s still a lot of movement during the year.
Community enrollment events:
- Friday, July 29 – Neighborhood House, 179 Robie Street East, 8 a.m. -1 p.m.
- Saturday, July 30 – Hmong Village, 1001 Johnson Parkway, 9 a.m. – noon
- Sunday, July 31 – Hmong Village, 1001 Johnson Parkway, 9 a.m. – noon
- Monday, August 1 – Neighborhood House, 179 Robie Street East, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Friday, August 5 – Ramsey County, 160 E. Kellogg, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 12 – Ramsey County, 160 E. Kellogg, 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Coverage of issues and events that affect Central Corridor neighborhoods and communities is funded in part by a grant from Central Corridor Collaborative.