It’s Monday, which means you’re not unlikely to get home and crash on the couch. While you’re there, why not download some life-enhancing apps for your smartphone? Here are some winners—all available for iPhone, some for Android and Blackberry as well—that you might not have.
• Tumblr. Have you joined the hottest social network of 2012? If not, get on that—and follow tcdailyplanet and artsorbit.
• Instagram. Another social network you might have been ignoring. Stop ignoring it! More people are sharing photos here than you might realize, and it’s an easy way to publish photos on Twitter and Tumblr too.
• GIF Shop. Impress your friends by making on-the-go animated GIFs of their shenanigans.
• Photo Collage. Make comic-book-style collages of photos from your phone.
• ColorSplash. Brush color away from chosen areas of your photos to create dramatic effects.
• Sporcle. For trivia addicts.
• First Avenue. Easiest way to get information about shows at Minnesota’s best music venue.
• Annoyster. Annoys you at random intervals when there’s something you need to get done…eventually.
• Twin Cities Daily Planet. Darn skippy we have an app! It’s the best way to get the latest news online. And it’s free!