UPDATED October 22 – thanks to Edna Brazaitis for additional information.
The Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board has three at-large seats open. Candidates, websites, and party affiliations or endorsements listed by candidates include:
For the three at-large seats:
- John Butler – running as a candidate of the New Dignity Party
- John Erwin – (Sierra Club and DFL-endorsed)
- Mary Merrill Anderson – DFL, labor endorsed, current MPRB vice-president
- Tom Nordyke- DFL endorsed, current MPRB president
- Dave Wahlstedt – endorsed by Independence Party, Republican Party
- Nancy Bernard
- Bob Fine – incumbent from District 6, running for at-large seat
- Annie Young – incumbent, (Sierra Club and Green Party endorsed)
For the six districts:
- District 1: No incumbent – Liz Wielinski (Sierra Club and DFL-endorsed), Bernie Kunza and John Malone
- District 2: Jon Olson (incumbent), LuAnn Wilcox and Michael Guest (Sierra Club endorsed);
- District 3: Scott Vreeland (incumbent, Sierra Club and DFL-endorsed) and Mike Wendorf
- District 4: Anita Tabb (Sierra Club andDFL-endorsed);
- District 5: Steve Barland, Dan W. Peterson, McClain Looney, Jason Stone (Sierra Club endorsed) and Carol Kummer (incumbent);
- District 6: No incumbent – Meg Forney, Brad Bourn (Sierra Club and DFL-endorsed), Geneva Hanvik and Steven Jecha
We invite candidates and anyone else who is interested to write an article, add a comment, or submit any other information.
Minneapolis Park Watch sent questions to Park Board candidates, and links to responses from the front page of their blog.