All residents as members of Corcoran Neighborhood Organization are invited to discuss and organize on land use, housing and transportation issues during committee meetings held on the first Thursday of each month.
Agenda items of the March meeting will include:
- Updates on Lake Street redevelopment conversations from Committee Chair Phillip Koski.
- Strategies for enhancing safer streets such as partnering with Bikeways for Everyone campaign.
- Status of organizing efforts within multifamily housing from Lead Organizer Ross Joy.
What: March Meeting of Corcoran Land Use & Housing Committee
Date: Thursday, March 6th
Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm
Location: 3451 Cedar Ave S
Contact: Ross Joy, 612-724-7457
Priorities for 2014 as voted on by the committee include:
- Foster redevelopment of southwest 21st and East Lake. Emphasize market rate, quality housing.
- Foster redevelopment of 2225 East Lake. Engage MPS board, encourage sale of property and implementation of 6.5 acre redevelopment.
- Assess and foster improvements to apartments north of 32nd Street.
- Work with students to craft and advocate a new vision for South High exterior.