The Daily Planet can’t cover all the neighborhood news in the Twin Cities, but we publish a lot of neighborhood stories. Here’s a sampling of recent, locally-focused articles:
In North Minneapolis, a black history month celebration focused on coming to gether to combat the epidemic of foreclosures.
• In St. Paul’s Ward 4, a community meeting focuse don the Hamline-Midway Library, Como Park and taxes.
• Washington Technology Middle School in St. Paul’s North End will host an Eagles science summer camp.
• At Dale and Grand, La Cucaracha is going strong after more than 40 years, and it’s still a family business.
• On the other side of the river, The Bridge lists a number of summer activities in Southeast Minneapolis and around the city.
• North News reports on the renovation of the Capri Theater in North Minneapolis.
• The American Indian Center in Phillips hosted a HIRE Town Hall focused on Healthcare, Infrastructure and Renewable Energy.