The Power of We Luncheon brings together leaders from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors to celebrate, support, and invest in CAAL’s work. CAAL could not do this work without our
The Power of We Luncheon brings together leaders from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors to celebrate, support, and invest in CAAL’s work.
CAAL could not do this work without our community’s support and investments.
Consider being a 2019 Power of We Luncheon Sponsor. Together, we can do more.
Though our year has not ended, in 2019 CAAL has already delivered powerful and impactful programming:
- We completed the #MinneAsianStories: This is Home storytelling campaign and events that reached 100,000 people.
- We equipped and supported Asian Minnesotan leaders to be more sustainable and effective social justice leaders through our Spark Leadership Fund and CAAL Leaders MOVEE program.
- We successfully advocated to ensure that students are seen for who they are through data.
- We got the Nonprofit Infrastructure Grant Program refunded in order to strengthen the capacity of cultural nonprofits across the state.
- We organized and empowered parents and students.
- We built multi-racial, multi-cultural partnerships.
- We connected and uplifted Asian Minnesotan leaders through our PowerTalk and CelebrAsian series.
Our community-centered and community-led efforts meant that people proactively shaped agendas and acted to ensure Minnesota truly works for everyone. We have much to celebrate, and we want to do this with you.
Our featured speaker at this year’s luncheon is Ivan Fong, Senior Vice President, Legal Affairs and General Counsel of the 3M Company, who will be joined by Gia Vang, KARE 11’s Sunrise Team News Anchor. They’ll share their thoughts on being new to Minnesota, embracing your heritage and roots, and being your authentic and most powerful selves in leadership. We will also honor two Star Awardees – Sue Vang and Masami Kawazato – for their leadership practices of leveraging their expertise, lived experiences, and connections to build economic prosperity and quality education for those too often left behind.
(Wednesday) 11:30 am - 1:00 pm CST
Macalester College - Kagin Commons
21 Snelling Ave S, Saint Paul, MN 55105