Planning is underway for the 2012 Summit Hill House Tour! The tour will be on September 9, 2012. If you’d like to support your community, meet your fellow neighbors and have some fun along the way, we’d love to have you join us! For further details, please call or e-mail Summit Hill Association at 651-222-1222 or email@example.com
This has traditionally been one of the most popular historic house tours in the nation. Funds raised by this event are used to support the SHA office, and the community building programs and quality of life issues important to all of us: block club organizing, crime prevention, clean-up drives, recycling, newsletters, parking, zoning, pedestrian safety issues, and more. In light of city budget cuts, this tour is a more than ever an important fundraiser for our neighborhood.
Volunteers needed for 2012 Summit Hill House Tour Planning Committee:
- House Tour Chairperson – Direct and oversee the work of other volunteers and coordinate planning and execution for the tour. Serving the community as chairperson is a great way to engage people, bring them together, raise money for a worthy cause, and show off our fabulous neighborhood, all while having a lot of fun!
- Ad Sales – Contact local businesses to sell ad space in house tour brochure. Much of the work is done via mail or e-mail. Coordinate and supervise the submission of ads for publication in the brochure.
- Volunteers Party – Plan and coordinate post-house tour party to thank all house tour volunteers.
- Graphics and Web – Provide support with house tour graphic design needs and website updates on an as-needed basis.
- Marketing – Work with our Public Relations Chairperson to market the house tour and grow ticket sales.
- House Tour Vice-Chair – Work with the Chair to facilitate the overall planning and execution of the 2010 House Tour.