Healing should be more than a goal, Healing is a movement. Everyone under the sun has been hurt and there are different types of pains to heal from. Right now we will be focusing on emotional healing. What you do to lighten your emotional load will equip you with the tools to help you work through your hurt and improve your quality of life and the life of others.
1. Pray and ask the creator for guidance be as specific as you possibly can and be willing to do your part. In other words don’t ask for help and you are not ready to change. For example if you ask the creator to remove people out of your life that are not healthy for you but you are not willing to keep your distance from the people who are holding you back you will continue to stay stagnate until you can remove or distance yourself from these people.
2. Talk to someone you trust and respect, that is knowledgeable and non-judgmental, It is very important the person you confide in posses all of these qualities
- Trust so that you can share everything you need to with the person without holding back because if you are looking for advice people can only work with the information you provide. If you present someone with half the problem you will receive half of the solution
- Respect you should value the person’s opinion and be willing to take their advice
- Knowledgeable on how to solve a wide variety of problems, so that you will be willing to taking advice from this person
- Non-judgmental you need words of wisdom and advice you can use, you do not need to be judged
3. Write poetry, plays, music, books or keep a journal not only will you be able to track your progress you will be able to organize your thoughts and formulate a plan
4. Make a change list in order to live a healthy life. Work on one thing at a time while making your list always replace the thing you are trying to stop with a healthy alterative. (Remember doing the same thing expecting different results is insanity).
5. Set goals write down your goals, the steps it will take to complete those goals what you need to do to maintain those goals and check each one off as you complete them
6. Read and research If you have identifiable problems read books or articles that applies to your situation and use what you find helpful for you (remember everything is not for everybody every person is different).
7. Exercise when you are upset exercising will release the stress in your life. Exercising will keep you in shape, keep your heart strong and help you maintain or lose weight.
8. Prioritize, it is very important you know how to prioritize in order of importance and urgency
9. Study yourself and schedule alone time, it is important you know who you are and the charter and strengths you possess so that you can build on the strengths you have and attain the skills you lack
10. Take regular vacations you do not need a lot of money for a vacation even if you spend a few days in a hotel in your city for a change of scenery and to re-energize yourself
In order to become a change agent you must begin with yourself Mohandas Gandhi said “You must be the change you wish to see in the world. An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind”