Do you have a favorite neighborhood cafe, bookstore or community garden? Or a shop that repairs watches or shoes? Or maybe a church or mosque or synagogue or temple you want to tell the world about?
If it isn’t already in the Daily Planet’s business and attractions directory, we want to know about it.
We’re especially interested in lesser-known businesses and attractions that reflect the cultural diversity of the Twin Cities.
If you send us a photo and a description of a Twin Cities discovery, and we publish it, we’ll pay you $25. Some entries will also be featured on our homepage – and you’ll get full credit.
Submitting entries is as easy as 1-2-3:
1) First check our business and attractions directory to make sure that we don’t already have a listing for your discovery.
2) Sign up as a registered user of the Daily Planet. It’s fast, free and easy.
3) Click here to create your listing. Be sure to fill out the form completely. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know you’ve submitted something for payment. If your submission qualifies, that’s $25 bucks in your pocket!
Here’s the fine print:
- All discoveries must be in the cities of Minneapolis or St. Paul.
- Deadline for submissions is August 28.
- You can submit as many entries as you like – but our budget is limited. We reserve the right to end this photo project when we run out of money, and/or limit the number of submissions we will accept from any one individual.
- If you just want to suggest some favorite places, and don’t need to be paid, that’s great! Just send your ideas, and/or photos, to email@example.com.
- Yes, you can write about your own business or attraction. No problem.
Here’s a good example of the kind of listing we are looking for:
It has a photo:
and a caption:
Tom’s Popcorn Place has been a fixture on Cedar Avenue in Minneapolis since 1971, offering traditional popcorn favorites such as Caramel, Krunch and Cheddar Cheese Corn, and daring flavors like Chocolate with Sea Salt, Caramel Cheese Fusion, Pina Colada, Bubble Gum, Cherry, and Strawberry. Tom’s also sells ice cream treats in an assortment of traditional flavors, and an unusual popcorn and malt combination that is strangely satisfying.
and some basic service information:
4708 Cedar Avenue
Hours: Mon – Thursday: 2:00 pm – 9:30 pm; Fri – Sun; 12 pm – 9:30 pm.
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org