A dozen Roosevelt High School students have shared their research and insights on topics ranging from school lunches to immigration, registering as TC Daily Planet users and posting their stories for publication. They are also showing their documentary film work at the Roosevelt documentary film fest on June 1 at 6:30-8:30 p.m. – and it’s open to everyone.
I met the students in Molly McCarthy’s media studies classes about six weeks ago, when I visited them to talk about citizen journalism. They have produced an interesting body of work, which reflects their diverse interests, passions and backgrounds. Check them out!
- Girls in Action by Jutone Owens
- A School to Feel Safe by Abdirahman Noor
- A new home for Lao immigrants by Nancy Phetsamone
- Roosevelt Makes ‘International Baccalaureate’ Live Up To Its Name by Chavonn Williams
- Students Take on School Lunches by Albert Kay
- The Return of the Roosevelt Mosaic by Sancerea Hardimon
- Helping Low Income Families Help Themselves by Mahad Mohamed
- How to be a better parent by Eliseo Hernandez
- Mass Media vs. Youth Created Media by Isaac Harrison
- Sports Scholarship by Tyesha Wright
- Saving Our Planet by Sadia Sharif
- Help Me! I’m a High School Senior! by Sara Milad