Health care compromise reached! Well, not quite - but Andy Borowitz has a preview, and it's not pretty. Among the provisions:
-- Under CompromiseCareTM, people with no coverage will be allowed to keep their current plan.
-- Medicare will be extended to 55-year-olds as soon as they turn 65.
Read the whole plan at the Borowitz Report. And then there's the rest of the news:
• Twitter and the Iranian Cyber Army (which, of course, might not be Iranian at all). MORE
• Good news on jobs The state's monthly unemployment report was released December 17, showing another slight decline in unemployment. MORE
• Homes and homelessness Union Gospel Mission is opening a chapel for overnight guests, the Dorothy Day Center has sleeping mats with just six inches in between, and St. Paul is considering opening a fire station MORE
• On a clear day, you can see the BWCA But Thursday and Friday are polluted days in southern MN, and the MPCA plans for northern MN ... are a little hazy. MORE
• COP15 cop-outs and challenges
News with attitude, mostly from MN but with occasional forays abroad. News Day summarizes, links to, and comments on reports from news media around the world, with particular attention to Minnesota news.MORE »