- Arts & Lifestyle
- Special Sections
- Community Directory
- Ticket Offers
Indoor winter fun in the Twin Cities
Considering the unreasonably cold weather we’ve already experienced this winter season, we'd be remiss if we didn’t list some indoor activities to consider. Below is a sampling of indoor happenings:
- Mill City Famers' Market, January 11: Jump start your healthy eating resolution at Mill City’s first farmers' market of the New Year!
- Winter Flower Show at Como Park Conservatory, January 11 – March 16: The vibrant colors of purple, red, pink, and yellow flowers are sure to help fight those winter doldrums. This video provides a preview.
- The Twin Cities Model Railroad Museum, November 30 – February 22: All aboard Night Trains! Enjoy the warm glow of model trains that chug along the make-believe city of Matlin at night.
- Annual U.S. Bank Skyway Open Golf Tournament, February 21 – February 23: 19 one-of-a-kind miniature golf holes in Downtown Minneapolis skyways for a worthy cause -- the tournament benefits the Boys and Girls Club of the Twin Cities.
- St Anthony Main: On Tuesdays most movies at the St Anthony Main Theater are $5; the location near the river is quaint and charming and so are the area eateries.
And for outdoor fun, on those days when the thermometer creeps up above miserable — Winter in the Twin Cities: Outdoor fun.
Coverage of issues and events that affect Central Corridor neighborhoods and communities is funded in part by a grant from Central Corridor Funders Collaborative.