- Arts & Lifestyle
- Special Sections
- Community Directory
- Ticket Offers
Dec. 28th – 31st: This weekend in South Minneapolis
- It’s a music-filled weekend, and you can kick it off at Harriet Brewing with songwriter, singer, and guitarist Ian Thomas Alexy – followed by Crankshaft, noted by Cities 97 as “one of the best and most interesting roots, rock, and blues acts playing around town these days.”
- The sounds of the mandolin and banjo can be heard at the Riverview Wine Bar when the Jugg Sluggers take the stage.
- The music starts at 3 PM at Harriet Brewing with Carl Franzen – noted as “a romantic, enigmatic, operatic songwriter.” At 5:30 PM the Bog Doctors take the mic filling the Tap Room with the sounds of their swampy roots. The Grave Trio, an instrumental group, finishes the night.
- If you’re feeling a bit more funky, head on over to the Riverview Wine Bar to catch the Kronick Quartet play bop, swing, and, of course, funk jazz.
- Faithfully on Sundays, the Zacc Harris Trio performs jazz at the Riverview Wine Bar.
Monday – New Year’s Eve
- Blues group, the Mumble Bugs perform at Riverview Wine Bar. Free midnight Champagne toast.
- Pick out the perfect mask for the annual Merlins Rest masquerade party. Bitter Mash Border Dancers will perform along with Papa John Kolstad and guests. Free midnight Champagne toast.
© 2012 My Broadsheet