- Arts & Lifestyle
- Special Sections
- Community Directory
- Ticket Offers
Blogging on the TC Daily Planet
Every TC Daily Planet reader is a potential blogger. If you're a registered member, you just need to sign in and click on "post a blog entry" in the blue welcome box or at Planet Café. (Not yet a registered member? Click here to start.)
What happens when you write a blog post? Because we moderate content, you won't see it published right away. We try to check frequently for newly submitted articles and blogs, but it's not instant. If you want to get eyes on your blog post or article even faster, email me and tell me that it's waiting. Once I publish the blog post, it's there for the world to see, and it will also be featured in the Free Speech Zone in column three of every page.
As more community bloggers have signed on, we have found that a few more guidelines are needed to help you and to make our policies clear. Blogs submitted to the Daily Planet should:
- be original writing.
- avoid commercial advertising - and that includes trying to put a URL to another site in as the name of your blog.
- aim for accuracy when discussing matters of fact.
- be constructive - it's okay to be silly or artistic-you don't always need to have a "point" to make, but we want to minimize name-calling and personal attacks.
- have a Minnesota connection, either in subject matter or because the blogger is a Minnesotan.
The author of a blog post must be a real person writing under his/her real name. Even if your friends know you as "salty dog," we want your legal name.
For more information, go to our blogs page.
We also feature some other kinds of blogs:
- Our blog partners have regular blogs that they maintain on their own websites. They have given us permission to re-publish any of their blog posts.
- In our multi-author Daily Planet blogs (such as World Views or Soapbox), we publish occasional posts on various topics from people who choose not to set up their own blogs.
- Our Arts blog partners are sometimes featured in our Arts Orbit blog, and our Fringe bloggers are published before, during and after the Fringe Festival.