With so many awesome things happening this weekend, we couldn’t list them all here. Check our events calendar for the full schedule.
- Duluth author Margi Preus tells the tale of 14-year-old Espen, who becomes a spy during WWII in the book Shadow on the Mountain. Meet the author at Boneshaker Books, and find out what it was like to meet the real-life Espen – the Norwegian the story is based on.
- Learn how to “chard your yard” during a gardening workshop with Transition Longfellow.
- Need some live music in your life? Harriet Brewing has a full line-up starting at 3 p.m. Catch the Eric Baird Duo, Dan Israel, Jeff Ray & Hurricane Harold, and Nikki & the RueMates.
- Opera, musical, and Nordic pieces all in one concert – featuring pianist Jim Reily and soprano Taylor Ann Grand at the Danish American Center.
- Are you a fan of Cosmopolis by Dan Delillo? Meet up with other like-minded readers for a lively book discussion at Moon Palace Books.
Coming Up During the Week…
- Visual artists interpreted the music from the Minneapolis-based band Greycoats’ new album World of Tomorrow. This collaboration will be on exhibit at Forage, and Monday is opening day.
- Learn about growing micro-greens with Mother Earth Gardens.
- Seward Co-op is holding a workshop on how to eat organic on a budget for Longfellow Healthy Seniors.
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? Don’t be shy, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will post your event details.