All events are subject to approval by the editorial team. Please see the guidelines and submission form below.
General guidelines for our events calendar:
- The Daily Planet only accepts events that align with our mission: to connect and amplify marginalized and underrepresented voices.
- Approved events will appear within 3-4 days. Due to the number of events received, there will be no notification made if your event is not approved.
- No spam, please!
- Keep it clean. No solicitations of any kind.
- All events must take place in the Twin Cities.
Types of events we generally will accept:
- Arts and cultural events. This includes performances, dance, theater, literary events, events taking place in museums.
- Events for children and families.
- Educational opportunities (e.g. classes, workshops, forums, conferences).
- Community organizing events (e.g. listening or planning sessions, marches and protests, roundtable discussions)
- Music. This includes festivals, concerts.
- Outdoor events (e.g. open street events, parks, or other recreational areas).